Code of silence with boss now over – Alonso

Thu, 27 September 2007, 03:39

Fernando Alonso in Japan says his code of silence with McLaren boss Ron Dennis is now over.

Dennis told the World Motor Sport Council earlier this month that he had not spoken to his Spanish driver since an argument in Hungary.

But Alonso, 26, was quoted on Thursday as telling the German news agency ‘sid’: “I chatted with him at the last race (in Belgium) when I saw him in the hotel.”

He added: “I do not want to answer every day what everyone has been saying about me; I will not lose time on that.”

Alonso also cooled widespread speculation that he will almost certainly leave the Woking based team to join Ferrari or Renault next year.

“For next year I have a contract with this team and I don’t see any problem on that,” he told reporters in the paddock.

“I won four races, I make some good podiums and I am fighting for the world championship so everything is going quite well for me and I am happy.”

You may also like