May 25 (GMM) Force India’s test and reserve driver Paul di Resta will this week sit out another morning practice session.
The Scot has tested during the initial track session at every grand prix event this year with the exception of Bahrain and Monaco.
Di Resta, 24, had to defer to the race drivers in Bahrain because of the altered track configuration, and Monaco “due to the challenging layout of the circuit”, amid the need for Adrian Sutil and Vitantonio Liuzzi to maximise their cockpit time.
Force India confirmed on Tuesday that the DTM driver, who raced in Valencia between the Monaco and Turkish grands prix, will sit out Friday’s session at Istanbul Park because the car will be fitted with “some new development items”.
The Silverstone based team is sixth in the constructors’ championship, 35 points behind Renault.
“It was a late call from the team but I completely understand their decision as there are some new upgrades coming through this race that really need the drivers’ and the team’s attention,” said di Resta.
Team racer Vitantonio Liuzzi last week scotched rumours he is in danger of losing his seat to the highly rated rookie di Resta.
“I am not worried about these rumours; speculation is always at the door and all over the papers,” the Italian told espnf1.com.