May 9 (GMM) Romain Grosjean has revealed he will also be seen in the paddock at next weekend’s Monaco grand prix.
In the wake of his partial rookie season with Renault in 2009, the 24-year-old Swiss-Frenchman is in Barcelona this weekend.
“I came to see a few people, make some contacts and show that I’m still around,” said Grosjean, who replaced the sacked Nelson Piquet at Renault last year.
“I am not hiding that my number one goal is to return to F1,” he added after being spotted in conversation with Peter Sauber.
“I am aware that it is a matter of luck and opportunity and that it is not easy. I am open to the idea that other categories could be a solution for me,” added Grosjean, who revealed that he will contest Le Mans next month.
He said he will follow F1’s travelling circus to Monaco after Spain.
“I will be in Monaco and definitely at some other European grands prix to continue negotiations,” said Grosjean.