Jun.25 (GMM) Robert Kubica on Friday said he is no closer to making a decision about his future.
In the wake of Felipe Massa’s re-signing by Ferrari, it had been expected the Pole would stay with Renault in 2011.
But a specialist Italian website claims that, amid criticisms of Michael Schumacher’s recent performances, Mercedes has made an offer to accommodate the impressive 25-year-old next year.
Asked about his situation in Valencia, Kubica told the Guardian: “I don’t know. I haven’t made my decision yet. It’s not keeping flexible.
“I don’t think what I will be doing in three years’ time — I don’t think what I will be doing in three weeks’ time,” he said.
Renault team boss Eric Boullier said recently he would soon sit down with Kubica and discuss the future.
Boullier said on Friday: “We are optimistic. It’s nearly done — there is a contract in my suitcase.”