Feb.19 (GMM) Manor’s administrators are expected to issue a statement on Thursday confirming that the former Marussia team is back on the road to the 2015 grid.
It was announced recently that, reportedly with new investment secured for the ailing backmarker, administrators FRP Advisory would exit the scene on 19 February due to a restructuring process (CVA) agreed with creditors.
“FRP will on Thursday issue a statement confirming they are no longer involved in the administration process and a CVA is up and running,” said Press Association journalist Ian Parkes.
It is understood that, with former Sainsbury’s chief Justin King now involved, even Force India blocking Manor from fielding the 2014 car this year has not put the brakes on progress.
Parkes said a “modest group of staff” is now working at Manor’s F3 headquarters in Dinnington, South Yorkshire, while team president Graeme Lowdon has been having “countless meetings with the FIA, rival teams and suppliers”.
If Manor – who could theoretically miss the opening three races of 2015 and still keep its championship status alive – does get up and running, attention will turn to the occupants of the cockpits.
According to Daniel Ortelli, a correspondent for the French-language news agency AFP, Jordan King could be a frontrunner.
The 20-year-old Briton is Manor saviour Justin King’s son, and after finishing seventh in the FIA F3 championship last year, he has now signed up for a season in the F1 feeder series GP2 in 2015.
“I’ve learned and achieved everything I could have in the lower formulae,” the young King said earlier in February, “and have developed as a driver along the way both physically and mentally.
“I feel very well prepared for the challenges to come.”