Felipe Massa was the quickest man on track on the first day of pre-season testing. At circuit de Catalyna the Brazilian Ferrari driver drove a quickest laptime of 1.17.160. That is more than 2,5 seconds slower than Fernando Alonso’s Pole-Position in May this year.
Bridgestone delivered their new 2007 specifiation to the teams. The 2007 specification tyre is harder than last year. That is the reason why the laptimes were slower.
Mark Webber made his debut for Red Bull today why Anthony Davidson drove in the Super Aguri F1 car for the first time. Both drivers impressed today. Webber was quicker than teammate Coulthard and Davidson was quick with a 11th time.
Testsession Barcelona day 1
1. F. Massa Ferrari 1:17.160
2. P. de la Rosa McLaren-Mercedes 1:17.455
3. L. Badoer Ferrari 1:17.555
4. N. Heidfeld BMW-Sauber 1:17.65
5. R. Barrichello Honda 1:17.932
6. L. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:18.239
7. R. Kubica BMW-Sauber 1:18.519
8. J. Rossiter Honda 1:18.678
9. A. Wurz Williams-Toyota 1:18.691
10 . N. Piquet Renault 1:18.852
11. A. Davidson Super Aguri-Honda1:19.112
12. K. Kovalainen Renault 1:19.187
13. V. Liuzzi Toro Rosso-Cosworth 1:19.216
14. S. Speed Toro Rosso-Cosworth 1:19.380
15. M. Webber Red Bull-Ferrari 1:19.439
16. D. Coulthard Red Bull-Ferrari 1:19.692