Apr.15 (GMM) Luca di Montezemolo would not be drawn when asked about speculation that 2010 could be Felipe Massa’s last season at Ferrari.
Brazilian and German reports recently said the 28-year-old, whose contract expires this year, was set to extend the deal for a further three years until 2013.
But Italian media sources said rumours linking Renault’s Robert Kubica with the race seat, which has been occupied by Brazilian Massa since 2006, should not yet be dismissed.
“Let’s not start with talking about contracts,” Ferrari president Montezemolo said at a presentation of the Italian marque’s new 599 GTO, according to Italian media.
“This world championship has just started,” he insisted.
“I am very happy with Felipe, from his total recovery from the incident of last year to now leading the championship.
“And I am very happy with Alonso, on the track, off the track, with his determination, optimism and high concentration.
“I am very, very happy with both of them, and I hope to see on Sunday a Ferrari that is highly competitive, although there will be a close fight,” said the 62-year-old.