Oct.15 (GMM) The outcome of legal action against the FIA by an unsuccessful team applicant for the 2010 season will be known on 10 November.
Reports on Wednesday, including in the Italian publications La Gazzetta dello Sport as well as La Repubblica, said the court hearing brought by the rejected applicant N.Technology took place earlier this week.
After the Italian entry was turned down by the FIA, parent company MSC commenced legal action, claiming the selection process had been “highly questionable”.
Other unsuccessful team applicants also hit out at the FIA’s apparently unofficial requirement that Cosworth engine contracts be signed, and the Serbian entry Stefan Grand Prix filed an anti-competition complaint with the European Commission.
“I can’t imagine what everybody is complaining about,” Peter Windsor, whose Cosworth powered USF1 entry was accepted by the FIA, told the Italian website 422race.com.
“One thing I would say is that not every potential formula one team that suddenly came together in 2009 and put in the bid had a chance of success,” he added.