Apr.2 (GMM) David Coulthard on Saturday said a formula one team phoned him last year expressing interest in giving him a race seat.
The 39-year-old Scot retired from the sport after a 15-season career at the end of 2008, freeing up a place at Red Bull for Sebastian Vettel.
He is now a travelling expert pundit for British television, and confirmed in Malaysia that he is set to race in this year’s DTM championship with Mercedes.
But the winner of 13 grands prix insists his F1 days are definitely over, despite some interest last year.
“I had a call from one of the teams which I never returned because people in F1 knew I wasn’t looking to make a return in F1,” Coulthard told the BBC at Sepang.