Oct.29 (GMM) After fiercely arguing trackside at Interlagos and then in the stewards’ room, hostilities resumed between Jarno Trulli and Adrian Sutil in the FIA press conference on Thursday.
Two weeks after they clashed at the start of the Brazilian grand prix, resulting in a fine for the “aggressive” Italian veteran Trulli, the pair openly rowed for the benefit of the international media at Abu Dhabi’s new Yas Marina Circuit.
In the presence of Force India’s 26-year-old Sutil as well as Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen, Trulli confirmed he had been “extremely furious” with the German’s driving.
“I’ve got all the evidence to show I was there and was next to him, and tomorrow we are going to discuss it,” said the Toyota driver, as he waved about photos of the incident and referred to the regular pre-race drivers’ briefing.
Sutil said he did not feel at fault for the crash.
“It’s not my problem. It’s his problem. I don’t know why he’s freaking out like that to be honest,” he said.
Trulli hit back: “I don’t know if you’re blind, but I can clearly show you my front wing is next to your front wing.”
The tit-for-tat exchange continued, with Sutil pointing out the finer points of motor racing to Trulli, a veteran of 218 grands prix, and quipping: “I don’t know how long you need to learn this.”
Alonso confirmed that driving standards will be discussed “deeply” in Friday’s briefing.